Our tripod bags can be carried over a shoulder with a shoulder strap (not included) or worn as a backpack with an optional harness.
Modes of Use
One question we get asked frequently is “I am carrying most of gear on a belt system and I want to carry a tripod, but I don't want to wear a large backpack just for attaching the tripod. What do I do? Kinesis tripod bags can be carried via three modes:
1. in one hand to your side
2. over one shoulder with an optional shoulder strap
3. as a ultra lightweight backpack (a Kinesis first) with a harness
All our tripod bags are unpadded, although we offer a simple foam insert (T220/T230) that provides cushioning for your back when it is worn as a backpack and protects the tripod when it is set down on a hard surface. Many of our competitors make padded (larger, non-collapsible) tripod bags which are designed for carrying tripods and/or several light stands.
• Unpadded, constructed of 500 denier Nylon DuPont® Cordura Plus fabric (an unpadded bag is collapsible).
• Heavy-duty self-healing #10 Self-healing Coil Zipper is used on the T720 & T730 models (the same big zipper is found on the main compartment of a Lowepro Trekker, Kinesis Journeyman or similar backpacks)
•Water repellent #8 coil zipper used on T620
• The bags feature a pair of compression straps which stabilizes the load when used as a pack
• Harness attachment point (same as our long lens cases). A Kinesis shoulder harness like the padded H245 or larger H255, H344 or H717) can be attached to a tripod bag, instantly converting it to a backpack. When used as a pack we recommend the Foam Insert to pad your back against the tripod. In this mode it can used with or without a belt.
• All bags have a zippered side pocket for extra quick-release plates, cable release or sync cords.
• These bags are only for NON-spiked feet tripods.
Because of the numerous makes and models of tripods and heads, we don't have a compatibility chart showing every option. Simply measure the length of YOUR tripod with the head attached and compare against the inside dimensions specs on our site (click on "Learn More" on any product).
As low as: $46.00These quality bags are unpadded and constructed of 500 Denier Cordura® fabric with heavy-duty #10 zippers. Each bag features a pair of compression straps, a zippered side pocket and an attachment point where the optional padded shoulder harness can be attached so that the bag can be carried like a backpack.Our Tripod bags are available in three sizes to fit most tripods. They are unpadded, but you can add a foam pad as an option. Learn More